August 22, 2007

Planet Earth


We've been watching the Planet Earth series on DVD during this season of bed rest in the evenings after Elijah goes to bed. It's a series of documentaries on different parts of the Earth that was produced by the BBC. It's incredible! I know we sound like dorks, but watch them for yourself and you'll see!

Over the weekend, we went a little crazy. We borrowed a projector and watched it in our living room on a huge white sheet that hung from our drapes. Pri joined us and we ate Macaroni Grill take-out and handfuls of Starburst for dessert. It was great!

It gives us something fun to do together at night, and we're both learning so much and marveling at God's intricate detail in creation.

4 comments:

Josiah said...

I totally agree. That series definitely leads a person to worship the Creator!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this series! I would record them every sunday night and watch them when I went to my parent's house. That was the main thing I asked for when my birthday rolled around too. The whole series is just incredible!! If you haven't watched the cave one, you are in for a real treat!! Have a great rest of the week Allison!!

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

Another really awesome show is Blue Planet. I think it comes on Discovery on Sunday nights. It is pretty much about the ocean but it is the same type thing as the Planet Earth! Really awesome!!

-Lauren

K K said...

We've watched them too! My Dad got the DVD and brought it down. I thought it sounded boring but really got into it. Amazing footage. My favorite... the penguins and baby seals!
-Kristin