My mom is here, as you probably know from the blog, and we've been cared for wonderfully this week. We just finished a bowl of soup that went perfectly with the rainy day. All of the laundry is done, the pantry is organized, and full of food, the dishes are put away, the nursery closet is cleaned out and ready for the little one, and we're about to enjoy a bowl of Starbucks ice cream and watch a movie. This bed rest thing isn't so bad...
I had a check up yesterday, and it went well. They didn't even take any 'measurements' since I have made it towards the end of 32 weeks and the latest fibronectin test showed that I wouldn't deliver before 34 weeks. So they are much more relaxed about my situation, and even gave me next week off! For the first time since July 2, I won't have a weekly appointment! I go back at the end of 34 weeks, which is when I'll be able to resume normal activities. (That's in 16 days, but who's counting?) We're all more relaxed since the doctors aren't concerned, and I'll just keep taking it easy on the couch until the end of September.
The only new thing is that I have shooting pain down my leg when I move a certain way at certain times of the day. The doctor said it was because the baby is very low and engaged in my pelvis, and therefore it's pressing on some nerves. I'll have this until I deliver, so if you see me hobbling around in a strange manner, it's a combination of the 3rd trimester waddle with a crazy nerve problem topped off with a baby that's practically hugging my bladder, and loves to give it a little punch at the most unexpected moments.
So I'll be right here on the couch for two more weeks. Come visit!
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear things are stable. You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers.
Who knows?! Maybe our little ones will be born on the same day!
Post a Comment