September 22, 2007

Bed Rest Diary 7

Tomorrow is week 34! We made it this far, and there's only one week left of this bed rest craziness. We didn't have a check up at week 33; they gave me the week off. I do go this week, but it's probably for a normal pregnancy check-up. I have had some contractions and cramping here and there, but nothing too major. Still taking it easy.

There are some things that I'm going to miss about bed rest. Today, mom made homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast, a meaty stromboli with corn on the cob for lunch, shrimp scampi with baked potatoes, salad/bread for dinner. Yeah, I don't know about you, but I don't cook like that on Saturdays. (Or any day for that matter.) And I've had a personal shopper and babysitter that does all of my errands and takes Elijah to get him out of the house, and even picks up birthday gifts and shower gifts too. I'm going to miss those parts.

But on the other hand...what would I give to go to Target? And to church? Or even to drive a car? (I think I need Driver's Ed again. Is the brake on the left?) It's perfect timing because our 5th wedding anniversary is October 5, at the end of week 35, so we'll get to celebrate with a nice dinner and time out of the house (with a free babysitter!). Any great ideas for something we can do that's fun but not too far away in case Baby Roark decides to come early? Does anyone have a mansion we can stay in for the weekend and use your pool and private chauffer?

1 comment:

lauren said...

what great news - almost there! And I am sure impressed by your mom - i don't think i even know how to make shrimp scampi! And the Gainor mansion in dirty Durham is available that weekend - Lilly will even be free that weekend to sleep right between you two (it's very romantic)