March 26, 2009

Ultrasound at 18 Weeks

We had our "gender" ultrasound this morning, and we didn't peek! Well, actually, we never took our eyes off the screen...we just never saw anything, and the ultrasound tech even got a picture of the gender for my file! At the beginning, I told her we didn't want to know, and she did a great job of being very nonchalant. I am sure it was visible when they were checking out the kidneys, stomach and bladder...but we couldn't make out anything. Although I would be SO upset if I saw!

All of the organs checked out wonderfully, and the baby is very healthy. I drank caffeine before the appointment to get the baby moving for a fun ultrasound, and it worked. We got to see him/her move a lot and open and close his/her mouth. We have some cute pictures, but I'll have Nick scan them at work tomorrow so they'll be better quality.

I have gained 3 pounds, and my tummy is measuring right on target. The baby is 9 ounces and is measuring right at my due date.

For those of you who 'believe' in the heartrate-gender theory...
Elijah's was 148 and Hudson's was 141 at 18 weeks. This baby's was 146.

I'm not sure if I 'believe' in it, but I'm still sticking with my boy vote.

No comments: