Here's what I want to remember about Emmaline at 3 months:
- She is quite the little chunk and has squeezable, adorable rolls in her thighs. She has outgrown most of her 0-3 sleepers and some outfits. She's moving into the 3-6 month clothes. Right on cue.
- She has some eyelashes that are incredibly long and light colored. I hope she keeps them!
- Her hair is still brown, very thin on top and thicker in the back. In pics, it looks blonde.
- Her eyes are a pretty blue. Her skin is very milky and her baby acne is long gone.
- She loves to suck on her fists, stick her fingers in her mouth, and stare at her hands cross-eyed.
- She likes her paci when she's getting sleepy. But she doesn't sleep with it.
- She naps on her tummy and takes 3-4 good naps a day. Of course, there's the occasional 45 minute number, but overall, she's a good napper, often sleeping past her feeding times.
- At night, we still swaddle her on her back. It's one of those 3rd baby things. We'll break her of it soon, I'm sure. After three children, I've learned that if it ain't broken, don't try to fix it.
- She sleeps from 7:30 pm to 7 am, with one dreamfeed at 10 pm where I feed her while she's still asleep. It's one of my favorite times with her.
- She could probably go all night without eating, since she's very hard to wake up at 10 pm to eat, and she's not always starving at 7 am. But I'm not really up for trying it out and potentially waking at 4 am, so I'd rather keep doing the dreamfeed at 10 pm before I go to bed.
- She eats at 7 am, 10 am, 1 pm, 4 pm and 7 pm...then 10 pm.
- Her favorite thing is her playmat. She will lie there, content, for 45 minutes or more. She talks to the animals and bats them around with her fists. Occasionally, she'll put the death grip on one of the giraffe's hooves and she'll hold on to him, not knowing how to let go. She will smile and coo at the animals; it's such a hoot to watch her.
- She isn't rolling over, and probably won't do it anytime soon. Hudson rolled over before he was 2 months! She's perfectly happy to be flat on her back on the playmat.
- It's funny how her schedule works out right now: I put the boys down at 1:30pm for naps, and she is usually waking up right at 1:30 (she often sleeps past her feeding time). Then she goes down at 3:00, right when Hudson usually wakes up. So I don't have my afternoon Mommy Time right now. Not even 5 minutes. I know that will change, but right now, it's uncanny how it works out.
- She can be awake for 1.5 hours before she starts to get sleepy. However, after her late afternoon nap, she can be awake for longer periods of time, and is happy with her paci in a swing or bouncy seat. Nick and I often look at each other and just laugh. The boys were never that content or laid back. We're so thankful that she is!
We love her, and we are especially grateful for her during this season of thankfulness!
No comments:
Post a Comment