February 13, 2010

Sweet Treats

For Elijah's preschool class, I made rice krispies dipped in chocolate, then sprinkled them with little hearts. I ran out of ribbon after tying the shovels to the cards, and used all of my clear bags for oreo balls last month. But they would have been much cuter inside of cellophane bag with a ribbon tied around it.

Just a tip: I was going to cut them into heart shapes, but my heart cookie cutter was too big. I couldn't get very many out of the batch of rice krispies, and the portion size was just too much for a preschooler. I also figured they would "sag" a little bit on the stick if they were too large. So I just used a round biscuit cutter, and it was a great size.
If you want to try it, just make a regular batch of rice krispies. When they've cooled, cut them out with a cookie cutter. Stick a craft stick or lollipop stick inside and refrigerate for a few minutes. Melt the chocolate or bark, and dip the front half of the rice krispie. Decorate with sprinkles and let them set in the fridge.

I used white almond bark and milk chocolate morsels, and both worked just fine.
You could cut them out in different shapes and change up the sprinkle colors for different occasions.
It's a fun treat for kids!

1 comment:

Nana C said...

These are adorable!! Great idea & who doesn't like RK treats????