I made this granola recipe this week, and my family really enjoyed it. It's not too sweet, and it's on the plain side, which makes it more versatile. It would be great with milk (like cereal), or over yogurt, or vanilla ice cream. We mostly ate it by itself, but Nick and I talked about throwing in some M&Ms, craisins, raisins, etc. to make a trail mix next time. Just an idea.
I actually halved the recipe, and it still made a ton. If you make the full recipe, you can probably do a lot of things with it.
7 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup oil
1 cup honey
1/4 cup water
2 T vanilla
1/2 T salt
1/8 cup cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together by spoon in a large bowl. Spread out on a greased cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Stir and bake for 15 more minutes. Scrape pan immediately to keep from sticking to pan. After cooling, store in an air tight container.
(I think I misread the recipe and put in 1/2 teaspoon of salt instead of 1/2 tablespoon, and it was just fine. So if you want to skimp on the salt, you probably can.)
No comments:
Post a Comment