May 24, 2010

Double Chocolate Ghirardelli Cookies

This recipe is from Kim Davidson, a new friend at PBC. I made them last night, and they are really yummy. They're rich, so I made them on the smaller side and flattened them out with a spatula when they came out of the oven. Give them a try!

1 bag dark chocolate chips – Ghirardelli 60% (bittersweet)
6 T unsalted butter
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 bag semi sweet – Ghirardelli
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Melt dark chocolate and butter in a sauce pan – let it cool a bit. Mix eggs and sugar till thick and creamy. Add in chocolate. Mix well. Add in dry ingredients. Fold in chips and nuts.

Divide batter in half and wrap in saran wrap. Chill for at least an hour.
Cut, roll, and bake for 9-11 minutes at 375 degrees.

(I put the dough in a blob the middle of a square of saran wrap, covered it with the wrap, then shaped it into a tube for easier cutting.)

No comments: