September 21, 2010

Elijah Says

On the way home from preschool today, Elijah said, "Mommy, this is very important. I need you to listen to me very carefully. (HA!) I met a new friend today named Cross. He wants me to come to his house to play ninjas. He needs you to write a note so that I can go to his house. And he told me he lives in North Carolina so that's not very far."

Elijah told me and Marty that he knew what was for dinner (tacos), and said, "Sometimes I have eagle eyes but since I knew what was for dinner, I have an eagle mind."

Elijah is really into the extremes. "I haven't seen that movie in ages." "I won't be able to go there in years." "I haven't eaten ice cream in hours." You get the idea. He also says things like "for real" at the end of his sentences. Or sometimes he'll go all out and say, "for real life."

"I'm going to dress up like Buzz Lightyear and blast off. For real life."

No comments: