October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

This weekend, Nick's away at the college Rugged Retreat in Virginia.
We planned to go along for the weekend, and I was so looking forward to it.
But Emmaline and Hudson got sick the days leading up to it, so we had to stay behind.
I have been really down about it, but the Lord reminded me that I should take advantage of a quiet house and maybe use my time bless someone else.

So I made cookies.
Lots of them.
The kids and I took them to our neighbors and to several friends who have blessed us recently.
We have some for Elijah's teachers and a few couples in our church too.

In practicing these sugar cookies, I've decided on the recipe that I like best for the cookies.
I found one that's not too crumbly but not too sticky. And tastes yummy, of course.
And I found an icing recipe that I like too. It's easier to pipe, and is actually easier to make.
I just need some fun cookie cutters!


Out for delivery!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Allison - how do you make your tags? They are so cute! Sorry your kiddos were sick, but what a blessing you were to your neighbors!

nattandmatt.blogspot.com said...

Ok--your cookies look amazing. I think you could start a side business if you wanted!!! Personalized cookie orders!! :) Do you mind sharing your recipes either on the blog or emailing? nataliedanae@gmail.com I just made some and hmmm they didn't quite look like yours!! :) thanks allison! hope you are well!

K K said...

Yes sugar cookie & icing recipe please ;-) In time for more holidays! Yummy. Yes yours look like they came from a bakery!!!!! You are a woman of all trades. Thanks!