I had the sweetest day with my Elijah today.
We went to Emma's roller skating birthday party this morning.
It was his first time to skate, and he did great! (Oooh, that rhymed!)
I had his wheels tightened, and we made a few laps around the rink, then had cake and ice cream, fun dip and played a few video games.
Thank you for inviting us, Emma!

Next time, remind me not to wear skinny jeans with skates.
I looked ridiculous. And I was a giant.

Hudson was sad he couldn't go to the "big kids" party.
While we were there, Elijah asked if we could buy him a treat to take home.
So precious.
And we did.


We headed home and changed clothes, then I took Elijah with me to a 2:00 wedding.
Caitlin and Carson stayed with Hudson and Emmaline -- thank you so much!
It was a gorgeous fall day, the church was beautiful, Jen was radiant, Brad was so tenderhearted.
The wedding was perfect.
Nick officiated and I had the best time having Elijah as my date.
He was such a gentleman and was so much fun to be with.





The reception was at The State Club, which was absolutely gorgeous.
We walked in and Elijah asked, "Will they have pizza?"
Ha.
But he lucked out, they had a mac n' cheese bar!
You could put toppings on mac n' cheese.
What an amazing idea.

It was a fun time to teach him about wedding traditions and manners.
He has matured immensely in the last year, and is so well-mannered.

He couldn't quite understand why Brad and Jen had to cut their cake first
before we could eat the cupcakes.
We talked about how we'd dance together one day just like Brad was dancing with his mom.
He told me he was going to marry Emmaline.
He tried a bite of a bacon-wrapped scallop and spit it out.
He had his own glass of sweet tea.
He ate 312 jellybeans while waiting for the cupcakes.

And he fell asleep in the car on the way home at 5:30 p.m.!
What a full day.
What sweet memories.
1 comment:
So sweet. I love to spend time alone with just Colton. It rarely happens but it just is so special to have that time together and it allows me to really appreciate all that he is, (that I sometimes miss in the hustle and busyness of life and having to share my time among 2 kids)
Post a Comment