November 4, 2010

Tennessee Party Decorations

A few notes about the decorations (that most of you won't care about)...

Hudson wanted a Superhero party theme, but I thought it would be better to wait until he was a little older and could really appreciate it more. After all, he is just three! So I asked if he'd want a Tennessee party, and he got excited about that!

It was such an easy theme to do, and I just made everything orange. It was very similar to Emmaline's pink party in that way. I was hoping to find a Power T cookie cutter, but the only one I found online cost a fortune to have it shipped, so I found a sports-theme pack of cookie cutters and had fun with those. I tried drawing Power Ts on the helmets, but my hand was so tired and started cramping, so I decided not to ruin them with misshapen Ts. If you haven't figured it out yet, I just love making these kinds of cookies!

There were little labels that had to do with the U of TN in various ways, so some of them may not make sense at all...sorry about that. I was actually pretty proud of myself for coming up with those!

One of the downsides to a TN party in early November is that every single store is sold out of orange tissue paper. I wanted to make a bunch of small pom-poms to hang over the table. I was going to leave the edges straight instead of scalloped (like Emmalines) in hopes that they wouldn't be too girly, but thought it would just add some more orange to the room. I looked EVERYWHERE for orange tissue paper and it was sold out. I even had Marty look when she was running some errands, and she couldn't find any, either. So no pom-poms. But, 0ne of the upsides of having a TN party in early November is that all of the orange paper goods are half-off! You win some, and you lose some.

My camera was on a terrible setting for the party, so some of the pictures are just off. Rats a roo.

2 comments:

K K said...

so cute! you've outdone yourself again! ;-) Start a party planning magazine please!

Hilary said...

So very cute! I bet Hudson had the best party ever!!