December 17, 2010

Christmas Cookies

I bet you'll never guess what I did yesterday!
Ok, nevermind.
You knew it had to involve baking.
Because my to-do list this time of the year is enormously long.

So I made Christmas cookies!
But this time, it was during the daylight hours.
Aren't you impressed?

I made mittens, snowflakes and Christmas trees.
And cupcakes for a few birthdays this month.
(Just act surprised if I give you one.)

I practiced snowflakes for the shower in TN next week.
I just love white on white.
I used two different snowflake cutters and one star.
Something about this one reminds me of the Canadian flag.
But it's a snowflake, I promise.
I want to try different designs on the cupcakes next time.
I didn't really have a plan going into it, and just used these nonpareil balls to embellish.
Cute. But I think they could be way cuter.
Same with the mittens. I just need ideas.
So, I ordered a highly recommended cookie decorating idea book
with a gift card that Cara gave me.
Thank you, Cara!

Can you tell I like dots?
(These dots are icing, not sprinkles.)
And not a lot of contrasting colors?
I like the monochromatic look.
Is that even the right word, Mom?
I told you I'd find a reason to use that ribbon!
Ok, I think I've run out of things to bake.
Guess I should go wrap some presents.
Or do some laundry.
Or pack for our trip to TN.
Or take the car in for an oil change.