It's that time again.
Oreo Ball Time.
I really would have rather made Christmas sugar cookies with royal icing this year for neighbors, friends, pastors and co-workers. I'm just really enjoying those right now.
But Nick said, "Give the people what they want."
And he's right.
Our neighbor who is a single guy asked the other day,
"Are you gonna make those white balls again this year?"
And I always thought he tossed them into the trash?!
So I set out to make 4 batches. Which is about 200 Oreo balls.
I had a little helper.
First, Nick ground all of the Oreos for me one night. We put each "box" into a bag.
Then another day, Hudson and I mixed each bag with a stick of cream cheese.
We made a mess, even with the splatter guard!
Then I put all four batches together in one bowl and refrigerated it.
Then one day during naptime, I rolled all of them.
And refrigerated them again.
Then yesterday during naptime, I dipped about half of them.
And last night, I dipped the other half.
Then I put them into bags and tied them with a ribbon and a little punched-out tag.
It's so pitiful how long it takes me and how each family only gets about 4 or 5 Oreo balls!
I don't want to see another Oreo ball for a long time.
But I sure hope you do!
On a side note: if you're one of those people who make Oreo balls...
note the difference in white candy coating and white almond bark.
The left side is candy coating and the right side is almond bark.
The candy coating is a brighter white, but it's also more transparent.
It's very drizzly and thin and makes a bigger "skirt" at the bottom of the Oreo ball.
It's easier to work with, somewhat.
The white almond bark is more of an off-white color, but it's opaque.
It's much thicker and does not "drip" at all.
It's harder to dip but it doesn't drip or leave a puddle, so the balls are neater looking.
No one would be able to tell the difference if they're not mixed together.
I just made sure that they weren't mixed in the same bag.
I just made sure that they weren't mixed in the same bag.
1 comment:
After your post last year, my mom made them and brought them to our house...they were everyone's favorite treat.
Post a Comment