December 5, 2010

Snowmania

I still can't believe it snowed in December.
And I still say this is the "north."
I know it's south of the Mason-Dixon line...blah, blah, blah.
But if it snows BEFORE Christmas, that place is definitely "up north" in my book.

It was a fun surprise!
It started right after the kids went down for naps.
When they woke up, we shut the blinds and the front door and surprised them.
They were giddy.
Of course, Miss Emmaline was not to be left out of the fun.
So that meant that Mama had to get bundled up too!

We all went out and played in the wet snow; perfect for snowballs and a snowman!


Emmaline ate snow the whole entire time.
She will be in heaven when we make snow cream next time!


Before you say, "that poor baby must be so cold" you should know that she threw the tantrum of her life when I brought her inside. She had on several layers of leggings and sat in the snow, so her bottom and legs were soaking wet. She would have stayed out there for hours.

Here's some more pics..mostly of Emmaline eating snow.


And here's a video of the boys singing Rocky Top and knocking over the snowman.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, but Allison, your kids are definitely from the south if their snow boots are rain boots. :) Can't believe it snowed there!!!