I had the best time making these Sugarplums!

I found the funnest treat (especially for kids) and copied it from this blog.
You can find the detailed instructions there.
So, of course I take no credit for the idea.
I can only take credit for the color combinations I used and the different kind of sprinkles.
So I found a reason...Elijah's preschool class!
And of course I have no time to make them, especially this time of year.
But, I have noticed that I procrastinate by baking (or creating).
I bake cookies and fun treats when I don't want to face my to-do list or my dirty house.
That's just me.
I made these at midnight last night.
And yes, I'm very much a night owl.

I had this holiday ribbon so I matched my candy coating
(white with food coloring) to the ribbon.
But of course I ran out of ribbon halfway through so I had to use two different kinds.
Thankfully, I happened to have a blue that matched perfectly!

I thought the shimmery sprinkles were more 'magical' looking for Sugarplums.



I just love this ribbon.
Don't you think I need to bake something to match it?

Anyway, back to the Sugarplums...
the blog even had a template to print out a tag that read,
"May visions of Sugarplums dance in your head."
You simply print what she's already formatted.
How easy is that!?
If Elijah's friends are like him, they probably have no idea where that line is from,
but I just though it was a cute touch. That part is really for the moms.

And I would have loved to use my punchers and use matching paper but I decided to go the "easy way" and use the template she provided when I realized it was 12:30 a.m.
Sugarplums for the girls.

And Sugarplums for the boys.

Elijah was SO excited to take them to his class today!

Come to think of it, these would be really pretty for a traditional baby shower
...light pink and light blue!
Court and Carol are giving a baby shower over Christmas, and I'm going to make some things while we're there. The shower is going to be baby blue and red with white snowflake accents, so I made one of these to try it out. I'm not sure if I like it better or not? I loved the pink on pink and the blue on blue. Maybe white on white?
I don't know if that would be beautiful or boring?
I'll figure it out...Just another reason to make them again!

3 comments:
That is SOOO Allison!! You have not changed, my friend! While I procrastinate by cleaning house, you create yummy treats for others, and you stay up SOOOO late!! :) I am still doing everything possible to be in bed by 9:30, and your evening is just beginning. I envy your energy!!!!! Love and miss you and can't wait to introduce you to little Evy!
This is a great idea! :) I'm definitely going to use these for showers!
so cute. I like yours better then the examples. I like the sparkliness of it rather than the sprinkles. nice touch!
Post a Comment