For several weeks, Hudson has been telling us about a friend named Ducas. We kept asking him if his name was Lucas, and he'd always correct us. "No, it's Ducas."
We assumed he was a child in Hudson's Sunday School classroom at Providence, and we'd hear random stories about Ducas, usually stories of him disobeying.
"Mommy, this is NOT good. Ducas put his feet on the table!" "Ducas didn't share with me today in my classroom." ... Those types of things.
He'd usually mention Ducas after Elijah would mention a story about a friend from preschool, so I could tell he was trying to have something to share too. I know he wants to chime in and tell a story like his big brother, so we have always listened and ask questions about Ducas.
Well, on Sunday, Hudson told me about Ducas as we drove home from church. He says, "Mommy we need to pray for Ducas at lunch. Ducas' daddy DIED!" I asked how he died and said I was so sorry to hear this....and started to get suspicious of this little dude. He told me that his daddy had nails in his hands and feet and was tied with ropes. Hmmm. I tried not to laugh and managed to look really sad as I told Hudson how sad I was that his daddy died.
So of course, Nick and I started to wonder if Ducas really even exists? We figured he was a real kid in his class and maybe the stories were just made up but that he was a real child. We asked Hudson more about Ducas today and found out that he 'has brown hair just like you Daddy,' and he's in kindergarten and he's in the Lizards class.
(Elijah was in the Frog class this year at preschool. There is no Lizard class.)
HA.
I think it's safe to say that Ducas is Hudson's first imaginary friend.
(Even if there really is a child with that name, he is not referring to him at this point anymore.)
It's interesting to note: Elijah has a very vibrant imagination but he has never ever made up a story or a fact. If he recalls something or tells a story about someone, it is 100% accurate, down to the details. He has an amazing memory. Hudson will parrot Elijah's stories and change a few facts in his version of the story to be able to chime in and have a conversation. It's so innocent and precious. I just think it's hilarious how Ducas has been a part of our lives for several weeks!
1 comment:
Okay....now I understand Ducas telling him to get up last night! This is to funny!!!
Post a Comment