June 21, 2011

DC Trip

I took my camera to DC but it never seemed like it worked out to take it around with us.
So these are all from our phones.

As I mentioned earlier, I go to a conference every summer for MED-EL, and this year it was in DC.
Nick got to go with me, and he had a reading retreat, which was perfect for him!
We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner together (or with my co-workers) and got to sleep in a few days.
I would love for him to come with me again!

Anyway, the cookies were a hit.
They were all eaten!

They were made to go with coffee that we have in our exhibit booth.
The booth is actually like a big room and we had about 20 people there to talk to people who came to the conference to learn more about hearing aids/cochlear implants.



We stayed at a fun hotel that was brand new; the Renaissance in Crystal City.
They were so kind to monogram everything for us!

I mean, even the hairdryer bag was monogrammed just for us!  ;)
 

We had some really yummy breakfasts with amazing fruit bowls.

And Nick discovered that he loves oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast!
If you know Nick, you'll know that's a huge milestone in his life.
And yes, we were taking pics of each other. 
Don't lie, you know you've done it too.

 

The best part of the trip was seeing Wicked at the Kennedy Center.
The conference had a night there, and the tickets were free for us, which was a nice little perk.
And it was even captioned!  
Since there were so many deaf/hard of hearing people there, they provided captioning.
It was an AMAZING show!

On the Metro going to the show.

 


No comments: