I witnessed the ultimate act of love in our family this week.
I mean, this is serious stuff.
You see, Elijah has an obsession with a local basketball team.
It so happens to be the one his daddy strongly dislikes.
And that's the understatement of the year.
This school is the rival of the team that captured Nick's heart in elementary school.
This school is the rival of the team that captured Nick's heart in elementary school.
That's a twenty year long devotion.
He's loved that team longer than he's loved me.
Much to his dismay, some of Elijah's friends at preschool like this rival team,
and it's turned into Elijah's favorite.
He picks out everything in their school color.
Well, after Elijah was such a Superhero in the ER, Nick surprised him with a present the next day.
To give you a hint, notice the color of the shirt he was already wearing.
That's no coincidence.
I mean, look at that face!
He was over the moon.
And he also gave him a UNC basketball that's youth-sized.
Maybe he'll go there one day and this can be in his high school senior slideshow?
Isn't that amazing?!
Isn't it crazy what you'll do for your children?
And don't worry, he brought surprises for the rest of us.
Here's mine.
I was in dire need after going to bed at 2 a.m.
Unfortunately, Hudson and Emmaline didn't get the memo to sleep in until 10 am like Elijah did.
And an action figure for Hudson: Red Tornado.
(Emmaline was already down for naps, so she missed out.)
Thanks for our gifts, Daddy!









3 comments:
Oh how I love seeing that beautiful blue permeating other's homes! :)
Go Heels!
by husband and i would like to say thank you for shopping at Target but not for supporting Elijah's bad habits...
i'm so proud of him. go heels! :)
Post a Comment