August 3, 2011

East Ridge Pool

My Aunt Laurie (dad's sister) is a member of a pool in Shreveport.
It's one where we used to go when we did swim team, and it was fun to go back!

They got a new slide about two weeks ago, and Elijah was on it within the first 5 minutes.
Hudson went as soon as he got some floaties (they a hole and mom had to go get another pair).
Elijah went by himself every time, Hudson went down with Leighton, and then with Elijah at the end.
Emmaline threw a fit to go down, but I didn't think she'd like it.
She was practically clawing and hitting me, so I finally let her go with Leighton.
She went down smiling and came out crying. 
Well...don't be mad at me little girl!


He tried going down backwards too.

While Hudson waited for floaties, he jumped in the kiddie pool over and over.

So here she's ok with it...

Annnnd not anymore!

Leighton was a trooper to go down with Hudson so many times...I think he secretly loved it.
After all, he wanted his Icee swirled with peach and Coke.
He's still a kid at heart.




I was taking pictures of Hudson going down the slide and looked over and saw Elijah walking down the diving board!  He didn't even mention it; he just jumped off like it was no big deal. 
It was his first time!

And there were many more jumps...

Then Hudson wanted to do it too!







Aunt Laurie treated us all to Icees from the little snack shop.


I found a baby walrus at the pool!

Just kidding, it's just Emmaline with my rubber band.

It was so fun to go to a pool where there aren't so many rules!
We aren't members of a private pool in Raleigh yet, so we go to the city pools.
The city pools in Raleigh are AMAZING and I should not complain one bit.
But I do wish they'd let us wear floaties and let them go down slides and jump off diving boards with them on.  I grew up at a pool that let us do just about anything; and we all learned how to swim quickly.  It's hard when you have to stay in the wading pool until they can swim totally independently.

And here are the rest.  
It's kind of fun to see the progression of some of them...

2 comments:

hollyfouts said...

We have 5 neighborhood pools and a splash park here.....but none have a slide or diving board. The first time we went this summer Avery said, "this is SO NOT Eastridge!" I mean our pools are super nice, but I have to agree, nothing beats good ole eastridge!

Amber said...

That pool looks like SO much fun.... my boys would go crazy! Way to go E and H on the diving boards!!