January 27, 2012

First Week Chaos

Unfortunately, taking pictures wasn't really the first thing on my mind when we were unpacking...
but here are a few random pics from our first week here.

Emmaline was so easy at dinner one night at Good Eats,
 and we realized it was because of all of the entertainment and people-watching around her.  
Thanks, DC...we actually got to have a conversation and eat our food!


They loved watching the chefs in the window again.



Hudson and Elijah ate at their own table and prayed (a song) together.

Love their rosemary fries!

We've come a long way baby!


All of these were books...I wish we had counted all of the book boxes.

 (See John's face?  Told you.)

 Poor Lindsey, all she could find to eat...

I think John's a little skeptical of Nick's ability to put together furniture.
He's definitely done his share, and he's the master now.


Typical Hudson.

I can't remember if I blogged this already or not, 
but Lindsey D (Raleigh) was a LIFESAVER
 and even took vacation time from work to help our family.
It was a very hard week, in many ways, and she was so patient with our children and with me.
(Nick was gone to KY to Southern Seminary for a week.)
The kids were honestly the worst they've ever been behavior-wise,
and I was trying to figure out what to do with all of our stuff without Nick here,
and she jumped right in and served and loved us through it all.

 
And thank you for these, Robin!
The boys played with them until I could unpack their toys; they were so helpful.



On an Ikea run with Madison and Lindsey....


Wii Dance was also a life saver!

No comments: