March 4, 2012

Lego Ninjago Party Details

This party was so, so fun.
Elijah loved all of the details, and I loved making them!
He is at a fun age where he appreciates the details and he even helped "dream up" ideas with food.
It was a joy to host our new friends in our new home; I am so thankful
 that we had a house full of friends just two months after moving here.
I remember wondering who in the world will we invite to Elijah's party; it's so soon after we arrive?!
God has been so gracious to us.

The Lego Ninjago theme was tricky because it's not very popular (yet); it's quite new.
So there isn't anything out there to decorate with; I had to either make it myself or order it off of 
Etsy where others simply made it.
Here's a picture of the Ninjagos:

And yeah...
I will say that it is much easier hosting a party in a bigger house!




Hi-Ya Punch

Hummus and pita chips, mini 7-layer dips, PB&J "sushi" and Asian "Cole" Slaw
(One of the Ninjago guys is named Cole.)

Ranch with veggies, a cucumber snake/dragon, fortune cookies dipped in chocolate, "Jay-lo" (Jello), Samurai Strawberries, Rice Krispy "sushi," Ninja cookies, marshmallows dipped in chocolate
(Another one of the Ninjago guys is named Jay.)







The Ninja cookies were such a hit with the boys.
It was the first party where the cookies were more of a hit than the cupcakes.
There were a ton of cupcakes left, and not a single cookie.  
I saw some of the boys eat 2 or 3!







This cake was the last thing I made; I always like cupcakes better, but I wanted to try this idea.
It turned out great....except I ran out of fondant!
Hilarious.

When they came in, they could make a headscarf out of some dark t-shirts I had in a basket by the door.
And when they left, they took a Chinese take-out carton that had a
 Lego Ninjago bottle cap zipper pull in it.
I think everyone had theirs on their jacket by the time they were out the door; they were a hit!

3 comments:

Julie P said...

So Fun! Great job with all the details. Jonah is really into Legos right now.

Marty said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute (as always). I love all the details!

Nana C said...

What a fun party! I loved all the foods & decorations. You are amazing! I know all the invitees had fun too!