Our little one is doing great! He/she is 23 weeks, and has a heartrate of 145 bpm. His/her little head was down, right in position, when we saw him/her last week in our ultrasounds. The little one is growing nicely, and so am I! I feel kicking and crazy movement pretty much constantly throughout the day, not to mention the times when I am trying to fall asleep, too. It's funny how his/her awake time is always when I'm trying to fall asleep. Some things will never change!
While Baby Roark is doing great, I have had a few minor "complications" this past week. (If you want details, I'll be happy to share. I just figured the male readership of this blog might not want to hear all those lovely terms.) Through a course of events, the doctors were able to determine that my body is already progressing towards labor, and of course it is way too early for that to happen. Things seem to be stabilizing right now, and we are thankful for that. However, I have been put on a "light bed rest" for lack of a better term to describe it. I need to lay down or sit as often as I can, and my activities need to be limited. For example, I can't go grocery shopping, run errands, exercise, lift things, etc. And the hardest part is that I can't pick up Elijah. So we've had to get a little creative around here! We're figuring it out as we go. God has been gracious and we're just taking it one day at a time. It never hurt for anyone to eat in their booster chair on the floor, right?
We've had many friends rally around to serve us, and we are so grateful. Monday through Wednesday, Danielle, Natalie and Robin are all coming to help while Nick is out of town for a pastor's retreat. I'm excited about the girl time! Oh, and Elijah and I will really miss Nick too. :)
(Nick has been SuperDad lately, as you can imagine! I'll have to devote a whole separate post to that.)
3 comments:
Iam glad to hear you are being taken care of!
Allison, we are in constant prayer for you and baby roark and know that God will provide for you to be taken care of during this special time. Thanks for the invitation to your blog, it's a great way to stay up on the Roark news!! Hi to Nick and Elijah! We love you - Fred & Teresa
Congratulations on baby 2! :) I am overjoyed for you and Nick.
Post a Comment