March 24, 2009

Louisiana Visit (Day 8)

(I helped mom enter her grades online last night, so I didn't do my usual nightly blogging.)

Here are the pictures from yesterday. I didn't take as many because we spent the morning doing errands and shopping, and I didn't take my camera with us. After naps, Grandad blew up our old air mattress that has a little leak in it, and the boys jumped on it in the back yard. They are so full of great ideas! And they're so strategic with them; they can sense when the boys need something new to do, and they've got something up their sleeve. It's been such a nice break for me.

One of mom's teacher friends came by to see the boys, and my grandparents stopped by too. Dad made his famous Orange Cranberry Walnut muffins...mmm! He ordered a new swing for mom, and it came last night--it was a surprise for her! Elijah had just taken a bath and wasn't interested in putting his pjs on, so he ran around naked with a pull-up on his head while Dad unpacked the swing. (You can only get away with that at the grandparents' house!)

Dad grilled steaks for dinner last night, and we enjoyed some Blue Bell ice cream for dessert. We can't get that good stuff in NC, unfortunately.

Today we've spent the morning packing (well, I have!) and visiting with my grandparents some more. Elijah has become quite the waver, standing in the driveway, waving with both arms until the car is out of sight. Wonder where he got that? :) Mom and Elijah made homemade bubbles with straws and soap. It was a hit until Hudson crashed the party and got the whole kitchen all wet! The boys are outside running right now, getting their energy out before sitting down for the rest of the day. I'm charging up the DVD players for our flight. We fly out this afternoon and land in Raleigh tonight.

We have had such a perfect visit...we got to see everyone, the weather was incredible every single day, and everyone was healthy! We are so thankful. Thank you for treating us to the flights, Grandad!

WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU, DADDY!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

1 comment:

The Blonde Renstroms said...

I'm so glad that your trip was perfect!!! The Lord is good :-)