We went to the Art Museum grounds to watch the fireworks on Sunday night.
Our sweet neighbor, Shirley, came over to our house while Emmaline slept
and we let the boys stay up late to watch the fireworks.
Thank you, Shirley!


and we let the boys stay up late to watch the fireworks.
Thank you, Shirley!


The Art Museum was the perfect spot for us. It is close to our house, there was plenty of room for the boys to play, no mosquitoes, a cool breeze (it was almost chilly, actually!) and the fireworks were far enough away that they weren't loud, but we still had a good view.I brought ear plugs for the boys just in case, but we didn't need them.



Right after those pictures were taken, the boys were throwing a frisbee, and Elijah accidentally hit Hudson with the frisbee. He's got quite a nasty boo-boo under his eye, but he hasn't been bothered by it at all. You can see it in the picture.
We had some friends over on Monday night. While I was picking up the house, I put Emmaline in the boys' room with some toys. I loved peeking in there to see her playing happily.She's experimenting with fondant and used us to practice on.
Feel free to do that annnnnytime, Kelly!
Everyone brought their own meat and we grilled out, had seven layer dip, watermelon, and cake.I felt like we hadn't seen many of our friends in a month or two,
so it was good to see them and catch up.
It really very low-key and fun.





No comments:
Post a Comment