Tips: I didn't have whole wheat flour, and regular was just fine. The lemon juice helps to keep the strawberries' vibrant color, so you can probably do without. It made a lot of topping, so if you'd rather have more fruit and less topping, I wouldn't use all of it. I also didn't use 3/4 cup of sugar. With strawberries and peaches being naturally sweet, 3/4 cup seemed like a lot. So I probably used 1/4 to 1/2 cup. And I used fresh strawberries and peaches, which was amazing. I'm sure frozen would be good too, but with both fruits in season right now, it was too perfect.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups oats
Make the topping by tossing together the remaining whole-wheat flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, and cinnamon.
Sprinkle the topping mixture over the strawberry peach filling.
Bake 35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and crisp.
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
1 comment:
It was delicious! Thanks for sharing with me on the 4th!
Post a Comment