January 26, 2011

What Good Brothers (And Husbands) Do

I showed Elijah a post on Callie's blog where Brentice, her brother, took her on a date. (She's married with twin girls who are almost 1!) He brought her flowers and they went to dinner and to see a movie. I showed the pictures to Elijah and told him that he could do that for Emmaline some day.

He said, "Mom! This is even better. I'm going to bring her flowers to her house when she's a big girl, then take her to see a movie and THEN ... let her sleep in!!"

HA. He's learning from the best!

3 comments:

emily bennett said...

well if that's how he's going to do it, tell him i'll go on a date with him tomorrow.

CL said...

so cute! :)

Olivia Buffington said...

Benjamin took me on my first date at 16, opened every door, pulled my chair out, and read scripture to me at the end, and told me never to accept anything less. I'll never forget it. It is the sweetest thing having two older loving brothers...even at (almost) 27!