June 27, 2012

Happy 4th of July!






Mark closed the church offices until 1 pm today in honor of the gorgeous, unseasonably cool weather that we've had this week!  It was such a treat to have Nick with us this morning.   We headed down to the mall for a picnic right between the Lincoln and Washington and in the middle of the White House and the Jefferson.
 It was a great spot in the shade under the tree the boys love to climb.  

Since I leave again on Friday for another work convention, I thought I'd go ahead and post these a little early.  I'll be back on Monday, and then on Tuesday we plan to go to the Capitol Lawn for the dress rehearsal concert for the 4th and then on the 4th we will celebrate by watching the fireworks from the CHBC rooftop.
We hear that you can see the District fireworks, the Virginia and the Maryland fireworks from there.  Exciting!

1 comment:

Nana C said...

Absolutely LOVE these pics. They are all soooooooo good. What a beautiful family!!