I've been working on different ways to package the cookies.
I sometimes use white window boxes, but they are more expensive
and I usually just use those for gifts.
But when someone local orders a 2 or 3 dozen for a party,
they don't need to be in a window box or in favor bags with ribbon.
So I ordered some black apparel boxes and reversed my damask logo to white-on-black
and ordered some 4" stickers for the boxes.
I line the boxes with tissue paper just to keep the cookies from sliding around,
then I put each cookie in a bag to keep them fresh and protected.
They're pretty hardy but sometimes the icing is too soft and can 'dent.'
Traditional royal icing is very hard, and sometimes doesn't taste great.
I use a recipe that adds Crisco to the icing and that's what makes it softer and tastes better,
in my opinion.
But occasionally, the edges of a design may not harden all the way.
It's kind of unpredictable and drives me crazy.
But I don't want the rock hard icing.
Anyway, the plastic bags sometimes help.
I also designed and ordered 100 postcards for free from VistaPrint
and I put these in the boxes and use them as business cards now.
The font is much easier to read than on a business card.
However, it's quite ironic because this pic is blurry so it is NOT easy to read.
Ha.



1 comment:
Post a Comment